Summer 2016 Actuarial Internships
Obtaining an internship while you are an undergrad, either as a sophomore or a junior, is a key step on the way to actuarial employment. Many companies hire full time entry level actuaries from their internship programs.
We’re including links to internships we’ve found below, but also make sure to:
- Check with your school’s actuarial department to see if any companies are coming on-campus.
- Look out for actuarial or mathematics career fairs in your area. Often companies sent recruiters to these events and it’s a great chance to meet a recruiter in person, make a personal connection, and perhaps even get an interview.
- Check on the CAS Career Site and InsureMyPath’s career site for new internship postings.
- Check out the SOA’s Actuarial Training Program page – many listings have contacts and email addresses for training program leaders listed!
Where else can I find out about actuarial internship programs or entry level positions?
- Visit insuremypath.org/opportunities
- Check out the GIS Jobs site: http://careercenter.gammaiotasigma.org/jobs/
- Read http://www.beanactuary.org/internships
- Visit the career section of insurance and actuarial consulting companies’ websites to see if they have internship or entry level job opportunities posted
Regardless of your particular circumstances, Beginning a career as a U.S. actuarial student requires the following three items:
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. full-time
- Current primary residence in the U.S.
- Successful completion of at least one actuarial exam (Exam P/1 or FM/2)
Partial List of Companies with Actuarial Internship programs:
|Company||Location||Details||Link to Apply|
|Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance||Indianapolis, IN||Property & Casualty Insurance. Undergrad or Post-Graduate. Paid.||Apply|
|American Modern Insurance Group||Amelia, OH||Property & Casualty Insurance internships in Pricing and Reserving for summer 2016. Undergrads only.||Apply|
|EMC Insurance Company||Des Moines, IA||Spring & Summer 2016 internships available.||Apply|
|Nationwide Insurance||Des Moines, IA||Product internship in Property & Casualty insurance. Sophomore or Junior candidates preferred. 3 Positions available.||Apply|
|Transamerica||Cedar Rapids, IA||Summer 2016 Actuarial Internships. Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors considered.||Apply|
|CNA Insurance||Chicago, IL||Summer 2016 actuarial internship, undergrads only.||Apply|
|Principal Financial Group||Des Moines, IA||Summer 2016 actuarial internship program.||Apply|
|Sentry Insurance||Stevens Point, WI||Summer 2016 internship, undergrads only.||Apply|
|Sentry Insurance||Madison, WI||Summer 2016 internship, undergrads only.||Apply|
|AIG||Multiple Locations||Summer 2016 Actuarial Analyst program||Apply|
|Oliver Wyman||Multiple Locations||Summer 2016 Actuarial Consulting, Property and Casualty||Apply|