Where can I find out about actuarial internship programs & entry level positions?
- Check with your college or university’s career center or actuarial science program center to see if any companies are recruiting or visiting campus
- Visit the career section of insurance and consulting companies’ websites to see if they have internship opportunities posted
- Check the CAS Jobs site: http://careers.casact.org/internships
- Check the SOA Jobs site: http://jobs.soa.org/
- Visit insuremypath.org/opportunities
- Check out the Gamma Iota Sigma Jobs site: http://careercenter.gammaiotasigma.org/jobs/
- Read http://www.beanactuary.org/internships
Participating in an actuarial internship program is an important step that can help you in securing your first actuarial job.You can participate in a formal summer internship program between your junior and senior year, intern during the school year for academic credit, or obtain a post-graduate internship.
Many large insurers have formal internship programs in place. Some of these companies recruit and interview on campus at schools with actuarial programs, typically in the Fall semester. Often, you also can also apply online, but be aware of application deadlines, which are usually in the fall or winter prior to the summer internship. Many of these insurers fill their entry level actuarial positions from their internship pool. While getting an internship doesn’t guarantee you a job, it does help your chances and give you an advantage over your competition.